Fall Beverage for the PSL Haters
I realize this next statement may generate some polarizing opinions, but I’d be remiss if I didn’t speak my truth.
I don’t love a pumpkin spice latte.
It hits like a stack of pancakes in my stomach. The first sip is yummy, but then it just feels like syrup sticking to my teeth and coating my belly followed by a nightmare headache then sugar crash. Not entirely surprising considering a 16oz serving has 49 grams of sugar-49! That’s equal to 12.25 tsp. Wowza.
Obviously fall has to feel like fall. Hell, I'm in Florida and it's still hot and and sniff of cinnamon is a close as we get to fall. If you’re lucky enough to go apple picking or to the pumpkin patch, pick up some apple cider. It’s a good source of potassium, iron and soluble fiber with naturally occurring sugar, as with any fruit.
Add in a couple of drops of vitality oils mentioned in this recipe and you’re receiving additional benefits to support a healthy immune system, circulatory system and ingesting powerful antioxidants.
My personal preference for essential oils is Young Living, but go with what you're drawn to. Just be mindful that not all oils are of equal purity and potency.
HALLOWEEN POTION INGREDIENTS
- 2 quarts fresh apple cider
- 1 orange, unpeeled and cut into slices
- 3 drops Lemon Vitality™ essential oil
- 1 drop Cinnamon Bark Vitality™ essential oil
- 1 drop Clove Vitality™ essential oil
- 1 drop Nutmeg Vitality™ essential oil
- Cinnamon sticks, for serving
- Combine apple cider, orange slices, and essential oils in a large pot and simmer over low heat for 10 minutes or more. Toss in a few slices of apple if you like.
- Discard orange slices.
- Serve warm. Add 1–2 cinnamon sticks to individual cups when serving.
*To purchase the oils mentioned in this post at wholesale pricing, click here
Recipe provided by Young Living
*Vitality Essential Oil Benefits have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
...but they do a damn good job of it in my experience
Who We Are:
With a goal to make your soul shine and head happy we offer products and content that fall under at least one of our four main pillars: